Sunday, September 12, 2010

Gunnysack Creek

After getting a little familiar with the campus, I signed up for a trip to hike Gunnysack Creek through the Outdoor Adventure group here.  It ended up being a little rainy and very foggy and apparently we were in the midst of some insane mountain ranges and glacier paths but we couldn't see much as we climbed higher.  The creek was glacier fed itself and I don't know how far, but if we had kept hiking up we would have come across the glacier.  We got to a point where we couldn't cross safely and couldn't continue hiking so we found a separate trail through a wooded field which led to an ATV trail and back to a dirt road that follows the Alaskan Pipeline which was underground for that section.  Here are some pictures.






2 comments:

  1. Wow Ben, you got some great pictures, but of course we knew you would! But we are especially happy that you made it there safely! And that you are back to immersing yourself in college life - Enjoy! Send me your address so I can send you your birthday present along with my cookies, although it might be too costly to send them but you can't buy Aunt Donna's chocolate chip cookies for any amount of $$$!
    Love, Aunt Donna & Uncle Rory

    ps what is wrong w these other followers and zero comments on this great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and I'm not sure what's wrong with everyone... but my address is
    PO Box 754021 Fairbanks, AK 99775-4021 but you don't have to send anything. Those flat-rate boxes at USPS I think are the best bet for cost and I don't think UPS or FedEx will go to a PO Box. More adventures this weekend so hopefully the weather is better for more pictures.

    ReplyDelete